Thursday, November 6, 2014

College Tradition


I chose the red red saree for the final day of the games festival organized by the neighboring ladies college. The main purpose of the festival is to raise fund for charity. Many boys colleges were invited to participate. It is a custom that that all those who lost in the games should dress in traditional girls clothes for the final party. Many people will come to see the event paying huge amounts on ticket. It was my best friend Ram who won the contest so he was the only one from our college dressed in Men's clothes.

Finally it was the photo-shoot sessions. I stood behind next to Ram holding his shoulder. Behind me were Ramesh and Sidharth from same college wearing halfsarees  and others were from rival boys colleges. It was really enjoyable to see all the bad boys from rival college dolled up in half sarees and made all girly in the public. On this day many girls complimented on how I carried on as lady wearing a saree while others chose to wear halfsarees. The girls also offered me to participate in their upcoming events as girl. I am glad I lost the match in the semi finals otherwise I wouldn't have got the chance to dress up in saree in public and hear the frequent noise of bangles from the hand and the weight and smell from the jasmine from my head. I'm pretty sure Ram is missing all these girly fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment