Monday, March 16, 2015

The Prayers

Here I am offering my special prayers to Goddess Durka. I chose a maroon saree with orange border for this special day. My sister Nilu (on the left with red half saree) is an expert in bridal dressing. She helped me wear this saree and all the accessories appropriately. My little sister in law Roopa (on the right with shalwar) joined with us when I am about to do my make up. I didnt do heavy make up for today. After we were done finally joined by the main lady, my wife to be Vidhya (green saree).

It is customary in our family that all the boys should worship the goddess as a bride before the their wedding day. Only female relatives and the groom who dressed as a bride are supposed to do this prayers. This has been carried for centuries as a sincere gratitude to goddess Durka.

From the moment I saw Vidhya ,she was teasing me! that is what I love the most from her. She liked that we both were wearing orange border sarees. Then she said she has a gift for me. She asked me to close my eyes and placed a thick jasmine garland on my hair. I started to feel so womanly. I was trying my best to hide my joy while we all posed for Mom's camera.


7 comments:

  1. Nice.. Should have added humiliation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u help me to dress up like a girl 👧

    ReplyDelete
  3. The future national dress will be saree for the slave males

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any female prime minister going to be there who is going to sarees a common dress for both

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any female prime minister going to be there who is going to sarees a common dress for both

    ReplyDelete